Thursday, December 13, 2007

Black Kids - I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance (With You)

I heard this a few months ago and of course it's catchy. The vocals are a little muffled, but I don't mind. Sounds like it was recorded in that independent spirit sort of way.

From their website:

About: Shot in March/April 2007 in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Video by Jimmy Nicks, edited by Funkytaco. On location near Museumplein to Leidseplein. Video in club is of the Bulldog Palace. I do not assume any copyright for the really weird music video shown on the flat screen TV in the Bulldog.Credits: The friendly people of Amsterdam, the locals who bike damn near everywhere without regard for cars or street lights. The girls dancing were friends we made from South Africa and one Canadian. Not sure who was in the mini cooper, or the car doing burnouts for local TV.


(UPDATE 11.5.08)

So guess what? The "Original" video has been taken down and replaced with a new version. Wah-wah. In my opinion, the original video is better, AS IS the original SOUND of the first version of the song. I know I mentioned it sounded muffled and home produced, but it grew on me. Now, the studio version sounds too polished to me and I long to hear the first take. All I can offer is a link. The fun is still there and of course the song still rocks.

Click here for a good time.

No comments: